OCCUPY COMIX: CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS ISSUE 2- HOME, SWEET, HOME
In 2008, we discovered bankers and speculators had been gambling with our most valuable asset, our homes. Now, because of the foreclosure crisis Wall Street banks created with their lies and greed, millions of Americans have lost their homes. 15 million Americans owe more on their mortgages than their homes are worth. Worldwide people are uniting to occupy and reclaim new spaces as home while others can hardly keep their “real” homes whether they have to pay rent, a mortgage or are just having a hard time.
This is causing all of us to question the permanence and stability of the idea of home.
We want to know what you think of home after Occupy Wall Street?
It can be a personal or global reflection
It can be fantastic and imaginative or simple and real.
It can be a journey back home
Consider the new movement as home
It can be inspired from the recent foreclosure protests-
It can be a story of someone’s struggle to keep his or her home or the struggle to set up a new home
Be creative – we are not just looking for graphic novel journalism (although nothing is wrong with that). From superheroes to super moms tell us your story about home.
We are looking for your comics and also small poster art- only 1 page, or 1-4 pg of a comic story. 1 page poems, stories and illustrations/photos to accompany them are welcome but cannot be longer than 1 page.
- Submissions Deadline- Jan. 13th, 2012
- Artwork must be 8.5×11 or smaller
- If your work bleeds to that size, then please include a .125 bleed margin all the way around
- Limit your work to no more than 4 pages
- Artwork must be in both Color and black & white or greyscale. If it is not, it will be converted to greyscale. (Color will most likely be used in the digital file, print will be black and white)
- When submitting work, please scan your work at 300 dpi at full size (8.5×11) and save it as a png, jpg, tiff or pdf
- Please include a short 30-word biography and associated social media information (website, facebook, twitter) with your work
- Provide best contact information (email) so that if there are any issues, we can get a hold of you
- Please note that artwork not submitted according to this format may be designed to fit and if this is the case, we will contact you first.
Occupy Comix is a free bi-monthly comic book chronicling the stories and issues of the 99%. The print copies will be given out for free at Occupy Wall Street events in New York and finances willing, at Occupy events across the nation. Currently we are working on three volumes before we begin mass distribution. Peace.
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE COPY OF VOLUME 1 HERE- http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/309698
DONATE HERE- https://www.wepay.com/donate/69864
Follow our Blog: https://occupycomix.wordpress.com/
Follow our Facebook Fan Page: Occupy Comix
Follow our Twitter: @OccupyComix
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org