OCCUPY COMIX: CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS ISSUE 3- MONEY
Deadline: June 29th, 2012
“Money is any object or record that is generally accepted as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts in a given socio-economic context or country.”
That is the Wikipedia definition of money. Money has also been described as the root of all evil. Another wise man said “Mo Money, Mo Problems”. Certainly for the 99% money has always seem like a problem we would like to have more of. Within our capitalist system money provides access to resources, tools and privileges. The more you have the higher up in society you can go. Money equals success…or maybe not?
This Global Financial Crisis that we find ourselves in can be said to have its roots in such thinking. Maybe we should take this time to rethink our relationship to money and maybe even money itself. Can we develop new ways of creating value? Can we create an alternative system of Trade? These and more are the questions we want you out there to answer with art and stories.
The 3rd issue of Occupy Comix theme will be Money. This summer the Occupy Comix crew will be traveling all over the country supporting actions that will shed light on and fight back against the corrupt Wall Street banks that are sucking the life from us. The Bank vs. America action by UNITY and Right to the City in Charlotte, NC a few months ago is a perfect example: http://youtu.be/AuYkrT0u2hU
Help us build a story for the movement that shows how the 99% can and will win!
Be creative –From superheroes to super moms tell us your story about home.
We are looking for your comics and also small poster art- only 1 page, or 1-4 pg. of a comic story. 1-page poems, stories and illustrations/photos to accompany them are welcome but cannot be longer than 1 page.
• Submissions Deadline- June 29, 2012
• Artwork must be 8.5×11 or smaller
• If your work bleeds to that size, then please include a .125 bleed margin all the way around
• Limit your work to no more than 4 pages
• Artwork must be in both Color and black & white or greyscale. If it is not, it will be converted to greyscale. (Color will most likely be used in the digital file, print will be black and white)
• When submitting work, please scan your work at 300 dpi at full size (8.5×11) and save it as a png, jpg, tiff or pdf
• Please include a short 30-word biography and associated social media information (website, Facebook, twitter) with your work
• Provide best contact information (email) so that if there are any issues, we can get a hold of you
• Please note that artwork not submitted according to this format may be designed to fit and if this is the case, we will contact you first.
Occupy Comix is a free comic book chronicling the stories and issues of the 99%. It can be used as an educational tool as well for outreach for actions. The print copies will be given out for free at Occupy Wall Street events in New York and finances willing, at Occupy events across the nation. Peace.
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE COPY OF VOLUME 1 & 2 HERE-
Follow our Blog: https://occupycomix.wordpress.com/
Follow our Facebook Fan Page: Occupy Comix
Follow our Twitter: @OccupyComix
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org